Join us for a fun day of events!
All friends, family and non-members welcome!
Here’s what you’ll need for this weekend’s CFP Beer Mile and Tug of War:
1. 5 full beer cans of minimum 5% alcohol each. (Ladies you can bring ciders).
2. A crazy outfit to run your mile in!
(Yes there will be a prize for best dressed).
3. 3 team mates for tug of war.
Also, bring along some meat and salads as we will light the fires after the Mile and start braaing during the Tug of War!
Event 1: The Beer Mile.
Beer Mile Rules!
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps, ideally on a track (start – beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap – finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the comptitors run a complete mile (1600 meters).
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps. We’ll allow ciders instead of beer (although it’s frowned upon).
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 330ml. Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 330ml in volume.
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice for men. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap).
Note: Vomitting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
*Competitors have to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
Event 2: Tug of War.
After the Beer Mile we will have a Tug Of War competition!!
Teams of 4 (2 male + 2 female).
This will work on elimination basis.
Every time your team wins you will advance to the next round until the top 2 teams compete against each other to crown the winner!