The most anticipated event on the CFP calendar!
Save the date!!
Beer Mile Rules!
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs 4 x 400m laps, (start – beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap – finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the comptitors run a complete mile (1600 meters).
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps. We’ll allow ciders instead of beer (although it’s frowned upon).
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 330ml. Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 330ml in volume.
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice for men. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap).
Note: Vomitting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
*Competitors have to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.